Interview: Kelly Clarkson Speaks About Fight With Record Company  

Remember all that stuff about Kelly Clarkson's very heated and prolonged fight with music mogul Clive Davis over her new album? In a recent interview with MTV Radio, Kelly went into detail about what went wrong, and it's not pretty!

She says: "Everybody always wants me to go in different directions. Obviously they're a record label so they need to sell records.They want the formula writers and the formula producers that do everybody else's stuff, and while I love some of those people... and I don't mind working with that...I just don't like working with someone that gives you a song and is like, 'Oh, I wrote this for you.' But you find out that they've given it to every other artist and they turned it down, you know? My label literally sent me a Lindsay Lohan track from her last album and wanted me to record it for my new album. And while I like Lindsay Lohan, like I'm cool with her and I think she sings the song well... it's already been on an album. I don't care what pop star it is. They were just sending me stuff that was like almost insulting. I'm like, 'You can't even find new songs? You don't want me to write my album but you're sending me hand me downs?' So, I ended up writing the entire thing with the people that I write well with."

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories