My Review of Britney's Blackout Album  


Britney's Blackout album will officially be out on October 30th but I've had the chance to listen to it ahead of its release (thank you Adrian). And let me tell you it's HAWT!!

Some of it is very "Britney" and some of it is quite far from anything she's done before but in this case that's a really good thing. The album is full of Pop goodness with a subtle sense of humour and a really danceable edge throughout.

Overall the album is brilliant, pure Pop, and dare I say it....Oops she's done it again! There, I said it.

Make sure you go out and buy it at your local music store 'cause you'll be hearing these songs everywhere you go.

Here's my track by track review:

1. Gimme More: This of course is the first single from the album. It's been playing all over the clubs and radio stations. It's the Number 1 song on iTunes etc...What else can I say? It's a hot track. Favourite line "It's Britney Bitch" which has now become a classic.

2. Piece Of Me: Nice chilled out song, slower than Gimme More. I like this one 'cause she pokes fun at herself and the attention she gets from the media. Favourite line "They still got pictures of my derriere in the magazine". Well, Brit maybe that's 'cause you don't like to wear underwear in public, maybe, just maybe.

3. Radar: This is one of the leaked songs that have been around for a while. It's an OK song, sounds kinda lazy, not much effort into it. Maybe it's 'cause I've been playing it for a while but I'm just not feeling it. Next song.

4. Break The Ice: Another "nice" song. It's got a danceable beat to it but it's one of those songs that kinda plays in the background while you take a break from the dance floor to go to the bar and refill your drink, know what I mean? Yeah it's one of those. Next!

5. Heaven On Earth: I like this one. It's cute, lovey dovey, very girly and flirtatious. Nice retro beat. Her voice here reminds me a bit of Paris Hilton on "Stars Are Blind".

6. Get Naked (I Got A Plan): It's got a hot beat. Is that her singing at the beginning? Sounds like a dude. I read somewhere that that it's her voice after some extreme manipulation. Sounds kinda creepy at first but really cool midway. I like it.

7. Freak Show: I think she's talking about her personal life on this one. A great rap at the beginning. I like that, she should do it more often. And there's that creepy voice again. What's up with that? Is that really her??

8. Toy Soldier: "Oh I need a soldier!" This is definitely my favourite song of the whole album. I hope it's her next single 'cause this song is hot, hot, hot! Definitely a club hit. I can totally picture Britney with some backup dancers dressed in sexy toy soldier costumes dancing in a line to a River Dance like choreography during her "rapping" bits. Love it!!

9. Hot As Ice: Another song that's been leaked for a while, made me look forward to the other songs. It's catchy, you'll be singing "break it down, break it down..." for a while. Favourite lines "living legend you can look but don't touch" and "To see your foolishness and f**kery and handling my b'ness, holler if you hear me, hey can I get a witness". Hot

10. Ooh Ooh Baby: Love this song too! It's sexy, it's flirtatious, it's slutty, just how I like my Britney. Best lines "I can feel you on my lips, I can feel you deep inside" and "filling me up, filling me up, filling me up...with your love".

11. Perfect Lover: Definitely a club song. Great danceable beat. Favourite line "tick tock, tick, tock, come and get me while I'm hot".

12. Why Should I Be Sad: I'm not big on slow songs but this' one's quite good. Nice sexy beat, very R&B.

So overall the album is great, make sure to go out and support it. Now the question is whether she'll do any promo work for it. I hope she does. I can just imagine the interviews... "So Britney, how do you feel now that everyone around the world has seen your 'booboo' maker?" ...

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories